Monday, October 19, 2009

HW

The subject that I will be photographing will be clocks. I will photograph the clocks at a certain time of the day. I could manipulate the background, so all the clocks would be photographed with the same background. I would use digital locks rather then analog but if I see analog more interesting then the digital clocks, I will use the analog clocks. I can gain access to a lot of different clocks. I plan capture specific times: 11:11 or 5:55 or 12:34. I would not necessarily take the photograph head on, maybe a little slant. Although, it might be interesting to take the pictures in different angles.
In the typology blog posted on the website: “the photographic image is proof that something happened or it is used as a means of comparison[1]”
Typology is the study of traits in common. The motivation is no matter what subject is, everything of the same subject is similar. For example clocks, if I were to take pictures of clocks no matter what the color of the clock, a clock is still a clock. I think typology connects subjects even if the subjects are not made by the same person. For example picture.
I don’t know if these were made by the same person but they definitely have a lot of similarities but they are different as well. It is very paradoxical, they are the same but different. I think with my clocks, all clocks tell the time but there are so many different clocks that tell time.
[1] http://caraphillips.wordpress.com/2008/05/12/typology/

No comments:

Post a Comment