Monday, May 3, 2010

Art Night Proposal

For art night, I plan to photograph a toy on a small scale. The toy will be Legos or something similar that can represent a human. I was inspired by Mr. Sweeney's photograph, "Potential," to take a picture in this style. I think it will be interesting to take a humanlike "portrait" of a small toy that most people would dismiss as something used only for a child's amusement.
I hope to show the anthropomorphic qualities in something that seems trivial like a toy. I will have to photograph with care, because it will be on an extremely small scale. I will use vignetteing and blurring to emphasize the toy. Depending on the final photograph I choose, I might saturate or desaturate the picture to give it the effect I'm looking for.

Reference Photograph 1:

Mr. Sweeney

Reference Photograph 2:

Teresa Klappacher

No comments:

Post a Comment