photograph from edward steichen
When first looking at this photograph by Edward Steichen, sticks images in my head of “class.” Also pointing out the sepia scheme of these photos gives of a sense of bourgeois. Given the otherwise natural feel of the photo, the second option seems to fit better. The pictures that i posts evokes sadness and class at the same time. The two females in this pictures looking down upon something evoke sadness and class.
the reason why i say sadness is because the sepia color and their body language. And i said class because of the way they are dressed.
I actually see these photos in a old like 1800’s newspaper because the photos look really old. The fashion/clothes of the subjects look like they are from bourgeois society. And they are very skinny ; typical model body type. It would be very attractive if those ugly dresses and umbrellas were back style.
I see this in a history text book because I can mistaken this photo for in the section of Russian history in Leo Tolstoy’s time. (if that makes any sense) If i saw this picture in the textbook, i would immediately think rich and powerful daddies because the clothes out of style, the umbrellas.
I cannot really see this photo anywhere else because super old fashion and not found in real time. Real time meaning now!
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Adam,
ReplyDeletePlease remember to proofread your photoblog posts. I expect full sentences, and I expect the first letter of the first word of each sentence to be capitalized. Don't get lazy!